And what doesn’t? And why? PainScience.com explores the surprisingly weird science of many kinds of chronic pain and injury, from fibromyalgia to Movie Three Billboards Outside Ebbing Missouri Plastic Cigarette. The site is a library of a couple hundred detailed, evidence-based articles for both patients and healthcare professionals, informal but heavily referenced and BUSHING,NYLON,B2426F SERIES HINGE (1 EA) for 20 years. Like it says on the tin, there’s a pro-science bias here, and quackery is kicked to the curb. More.
Why the salamander? More mascot than logo, the salamander’s astonishing regenerative biology is a symbol of healing. More.
What hurts? The most popular guides to specific conditions
- When to Worry About Neck Pain … and when not to! — Tips, checklists, and non-scary possible explanations for neck pain.
- A Deep Dive into Delayed-Onset Muscle Soreness — The biology & treatment of the “muscle fever” that follows intense exercise.
- Siqi 3W/4W/5W Mini Submersible Water Pump For Aquariums, Fish Ta — Everything you could possibly want to know about the most common type of runner’s knee.
- 6 Main Causes of Morning Back Pain — Why is back pain worst first thing in the morning?
- A Rational Guide to Fibromyalgia — All about the mysterious disease of pain, exhaustion, and mental fog.
- Cramps, Spasms, Tremors & Twitches — The biology and treatment of unwanted muscle contractions.
- Complete Guide to Frozen Shoulder — Exploring one of the strangest of all common musculoskeletal conditions.
- Healifty Electric Shaver Grooming Kit Five Headed Beard Trimmer
What works? The most popular treatment reviews
- EUPEFIST Double-Sided Magnet Window Cleaner, Glass Window Wiper — The most popular form of therapeutic exercise… has few actual benefits.
- Does Epsom Salt Work? — The science and mythology of Epsom salt bathing as a tonic for pain & injury.
- Trigger Point Therapy — All about the strange therapeutic art of… pressing on sore spots?
- Strength Training Frequency — Strength training is surprisingly efficient, good medicine.
- The Chiropractic Controversies — A tour of far too many chiropractic controversies.
- Does Platelet-Rich Plasma Injection Work? — Nope. The first popular “regenerative” therapy is bogus.
- Zapped! Does TENS work for pain? — Electrical stimulation is perpetually popular, which is weird.
- See also compilations of the most proven pain treatments, as well as a much wider range of more speculative options (but still safer and more plausible).
- INDEX of 92 TREATMENT REVIEWS
Yes, but why? Articles about key concepts and principles of pain
- Men's Bermuda Shorts for Gym Wear Soft Causal Plain Jersey Draws — Pain is trickster, a volatile and misleading sensation.
- Your Back Is Not Out of Alignment — Debunking the obsession with alignment and biomechanics.
- MRI Worse than Useless for Back Pain — The legacy of the false alarm machines!
- Is Running on Pavement Risky? — Hard-surface running might be a risk factor for running injuries. It's surprising hard to tell.
- Sensitization — Pain can change how pain works… and never for the better.
- INDEX of 55 ARTICLES ABOUT CONCEPTS
The blog: pain science news and highlights
The PainScience.com blog is the “director’s commentary” for the site.
- Nov 3: Facial numbness is a Very Serious Symptom
- Nov 1: Will exercising while sore help or harm?
- Oct 27: Robotic mouse massage: is it “regenerative” and “anti-inflammatory”? [premium post]
- Oct 25: Lactic acid does not cause soreness or fatigue
- Oct 22: LVLUOKJ Heated Vest Electric Warm Vest Body Warmer Clothes Washa
- INDEX of 994 POSTS
What’s new? Article updates
A steady stream of content improvements and corrections are all logged, like on Wikipedia.
- Nov 3: scary causes of neck pain +New red flag. Added “facial numbness,” based on Ugradar et al.
When to Worry About Neck Pain … and when not to!
- Nov 3: neck pain +New red flag — Added “facial numbness,” based on Ugradar et al.
HIFROM Ignition Coil Fuel Filter Spark Plug Kit Replacement for
- Nov 3: headaches +New red flag — Added “facial numbness,” based on Ugradar et al.
The Complete Guide to Chronic Tension Headaches
- Oct 30: pain science +Editing — Some cleanup and clarification.
Sheng Carbon Fiber Look Car Steering Wheel Trim Frame Cover Deco
- Oct 29: supplements +Added warning about the slaughter of sharks required for collagen production.
Vitamins, Minerals & Supplements for Pain & Healing
- INDEX of MANY MORE UPDATES
You’ve got a lot of reading to do! Sorry it’s all here on the computer …
If PainScience.com is useful to you, say thanks with a donation